Highlights from Workplace Transform Nordics 2018
The annual event Workplace Transform Nordics is a celebration of good stories, networking with fellow Chief Workplace Officers, round table discussions and awards for some of the inspiring work done by customers of Workplace by Facebook. The event is also used by Facebook to gather hardcore and unfiltered feedback from customers.
Rikard Strand in Cloudworks at Workplace Transform Nordic 2018 with two of our customers, Line Lauvsnes Oddekalv in Elkjøp and Cornelia Bjørke-Hill in Infotjenester.
The Future of Work
The Workplace team hosted The Nordic event this year in Oslo, and started off with a reminder of the core fundamentals within companies going forward:
Exciting news about Workplace
Workplace also presented some exciting news;
- They will add a feature for making sure that crucial posts are seen by all employees
- They continue to invest in security and trust, and will during the year move the service to a new domain name (my guess is that it will be *.workplace.com)
- Modifications to the ranking and relevance of posts is a high priority area of investment. Workplace wants to have a target that 90% of the content delivered in the news feed, should be relevant (bold goal for large communities with 10’000 posts every week)
- Investments in cross community features (chat, call & video) were announced and soon to be deployed in the service
- Integration with email based on Redkix will come to Workplace (no date shared)
Marketplace with partners
The event also included a marketplace with some interesting partners; Okta, Zoom, Prepp, Netskope, Sideways 6 to mention a few. These solutions are really valuable to Workplace customers and I personally love being able to talk to them about their products.
Aker BP and Securitas Sweden
Two companies told their stories about Workplace; Aker BP and Securitas Sweden. A lot of good knowledge was shared, both tips for experienced Workplace officers as well as for newcomers to the platform. The two companies shared the issues with disconnected people in different ways; Aker BP with people on shifts offshore (working 2 weeks and then 4 weeks off), and Securitas with approximately 80% of the workforce working night shifts. Workplace is a mobile first channel connecting all employees for collaborating, sharing and innovating! Both companies also made a point of educating employees and managers on the tool for getting the most out of the service!
Round table discussions
Several hours during the day were set up to have round table discussions. All participants of Transform were placed at different tables giving the opportunity to connect with new people, learn new insights and discuss the topics and questions together with other companies. All tables had a Facebook employee capturing the essence to be delivered back to the relevant teams in London – a real example of customer crowdsourced innovation!
Workplace Nordic Transform Awards 2018
Congratulations to all winners – we are especially proud of our customer NRC that is recognized for their work with BOTs. Their Workplace bot, Norbot, was developed by Cloudworks, and you can read more about it here.